Fall is my favorite time of year to bake. I love the summer berries and melons, but fall baking is my favorite time of year to bake. I love fall, and I love how the leaves turn from green to beautiful fall colors of orange, yellow, brown and red. I love to hear the leaves crunch under my feet as I walk through them. I love smelling marshmallows roasting in a campfire and feel the heat against my face as they roast. The cooler air returns and all these things are comfort to me, especially the aroma of fall baking. Apple pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread and ohhhhh soooo many fall favorites! This cupcake reminds me of fall and I’ve added this recipe to my favorite fall recipes. this cupcake will be made over and over again for sure! This cupcake is a very moist and flavorful cupcake, and the icing is so smooth and creamy, I’m sure your going to love this cupcake as much as I do!
Happy Cupcake Baking!
For the cake:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing.
(makes 30 cupcakes) See Icing Recipe Below:
For the icing:
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Place icing in piping bag fitted with a large round tip and frost cupcakes.
Recipe from Lauren Kapeluck (The Cake Blog)