Here’s a great recipe for Chocolate Biscotti. Now I’m not a coffee drinker, but I will dip these in a tall glass of milk in a heartbeat! For you coffee drinkers out there, this is a great way to start your morning off…or a relaxing evening after dinner with a cup of coffee. This is an easy recipe for biscotti, even for beginners. Think of it, you, a cup of coffee and chocolate biscotti…how can you go wrong!
Happy Biscotti Baking!
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 egg yolk, beaten
1 Tablespoon water
6 ounces white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs then mix in the vanilla
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients tot he mixture and mix until combined (batter will be stiff).
6/Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts; knead dough if necessary. Divide the dough in half and form into tow logs that are approximately 9 inches long. flatten longs with fingers on parchment-lined baking sheet so dough is about 12 to 3/4 inch thick and about 2 to 3 inches wide.
7. Combine the egg yolk and water; brush flattened logs with egg mixture.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Transfer lots to cutting board and carefully slice each log diagonally into 3/4 inch slices using a serrated knife.
10 Return to baking sheet, laying slices on their sides so cut side is facing up.
11. Bake for 10 minutes in 350 F oven then turn slices over and bake 10 more minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool.
12. Melt white chocolate in the microwave using the medium power; as soon as chocolate begins to soften (approx 30 seconds) remove from microwave and stir. Consistency for dipping.
13. Dip biscotti slices into white chocolate, covering half of the slice; allow white chocolate to harden.
14. Store biscotti in an air tight container.