Pink Lozenger Cake (or Pink Mint Cake)
1 cup butter
3 cups sugar
4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/4 pound of Pink Lozengers
1-1/2 cups milk
1. Dissolve Pink Lozengers very lowly 1-1/2 cups milk 24 hours ahead of time in the refrigerator.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt and set aside until ready to use.
2. Cream butter until light yellow and slowly add sugar and cream well.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and Pink Lozenger mixture to creamed mixture.
5. Add vanilla.
Bake in 3 greased and lightly floured 9” baking pans and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
****This cake was baked for a fund-raiser bake sale for Breast Cancer.