Double Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
1 cup cocoa
6 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
¾ cup boiling water
1 ¾ cup pre-sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons softened butter (1 ¼ sticks)
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 ½ cups sour cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* powdered sugar as needed
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and lightly flour.
- Mix cocoa and chopped bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour boiling water over chocolates and stir to melt. Let stand to cool (about 2 – 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold the sour cream into the cooled chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add the sour cream and chocolate mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Next add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing cake from pan (approx 15 minutes).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve. May be served with whipped cream.
*Hint: you can substitute peanut butter chips in place of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Cake is also great with drizzled white icing. Warm cake is great with vanilla ice-cream and strawberries.