Another great brownie recipe…and so easy to make! These brownies are so moist and they taste like pumpkin pie, but in a brownie form. So easy to make and you can bet they will be gone in a flash! Great brownies to take to any fall gathering. Great in place of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving for those who are intimidated to make a pie. If your new to baking and want to take something to a gathering, this is an easy recipe to make! Hope you enjoy!
Happy Pumpkin Brownie Baking!
1 can (15-ounce) pumpkin
3/4 canola oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In large bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended.
2. Combine dry ingredients; gradually stirring into pumpkin mixture.
3. Pour into greased 15×10 pan and bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
4. Cool on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
6 T butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon milk
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 – 2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually stir into the pumpkin mixture.
2. Pour into a greased 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Directions for Cream Cheese Frosting:
3. In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, milk and salt until smooth. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield 5 to 6 dozen squares.
Recipe from Taste of Home Fall Baking (special edition for 2012)